• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Changes to data plans in Pay as you go?

SnowfaLL

Lurker
Dec 8, 2010
so I use Rogers pay as you go (well, havent used for afew months but ill be back soon) but I just saw how they changed the Socialite packages data from unlimited mobile browsing to only like 200MB of browsing! Thats pretty significant..

Now my question if anyone knows; will the "one day data pass" which is like $3 for unlimited mobile browsing, will that change to 200MB also or will it stay unlimited?? (I tried calling but its impossible to get thru their automated system, even 0 wont get me to an operator)

Also, say you have like Android 2.2 with flash browser like Skyfire, and you watch streaming from youtube or justin.tv or etc, Would that count as the "unlimited mobile browsing"?? (may not matter if its gone anyways, but im wondering)

(basically what im looking to accomplish, I use wifi 99% of the time but on some days I wont be near wifi and want to get the day data pass to watch NFL football games (3-4 hours of streaming) when im not home.. so Im trying to keep my same pay-as-you-go talk/text package, but still able to use data pass maybe ONE day a month, so a $50 monthly package isnt worth it to me.)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones