Changing app icons

Last Updated:

1. JTforPink

JTforPink Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What I'm looking for is a way to do it and have it persist through different ROMS/wipes/etc.

I was using Desktop Visualizer but when you make a shortcut with that it's technically a widget which doesn't get saved when you wipe and ROM.

Any suggestions? I am rooted so if there's a way to do it that way I'm open to it. Does Bettercut do what I'm looking for?

Advertisement
  2. guttyla

guttyla Well-Known Member

I use bettercut and really like it. You can customize every icon using the icon packs they have...a lot to choose from

3. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Well-Known Member

Do you have to go back and actually reassign the image to the app or just basically add back to the home screen?
    Titanium should keep you from having to reassign but don't think it will place back on the screen.

4. JTforPink

JTforPink Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Desktop visualizer forced me to reassign everything. So Bettercut assigns the picture files to the individual program? Or is it something I'll have to redo EVERY time I wipe?

5. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Well-Known Member

I use app organizer for folders, it lets me export so when I need I just import them Back, still gotta position them back on screen.
    For shortcuts (Widgets) I have been using tasker, it also saves profiles but I have not changed rom or theme yet.