Changing app marketplace?Support

Last Updated:

1. KyotoRob

KyotoRob Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

I did a good amount of searching before posting and didn't find anything, but if I missed it please feel free to let me know where I can find this info.

I recently got my hands on a new GalaxyS here in Japan, and am loving it.

I previously had to carry my cellphone and iPod touch around but love that I now have both devices in one cool looking package.

On my iPod touch I used the paypal, ebay, and Skype apps daily.

I have found however that it looks like these apps are not available in my Android Market? Searching, scanning barcodes and even manually entering the urls in my browser yeild nothing for me.

Is there an easy way to change markets, like is possible with itunes? I have a US address, credit card and such so I would think buying from the US market should be a non-issue?

I look forward to any/all help you guys can toss my way.

Cheers!

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

there is no paypal app, however you can just go to the paypal site in the browser. There is an ebay app, actually many, but there is an official ebay app in the market.

3. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

Either this is a country issue or something else is going on because there is an eBay, PayPal, and Skype app in the USA store. For skype and paypal you could try to just download a torrent of the apps. Might work the same with ebay although I feel the app itself may be country specific (as in it will automaticall search for items in the USA and not Japan).

4. KyotoRob

KyotoRob Member This Topic's Starter

Can those of you check these barcodes for me and see if they direct you to the apps?

eBay:
    [​IMG]

PayPal:
    [​IMG]