1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

changing backup names

1. fd2blk78

fd2blk78 Active Member

Got .902 up and running, back on kin3tx rom, (which evidently shoes the old radio # even though its working with the 902.) Weird. Anyways, how would one go about changing the backup name? I tried to go in and change the name through astro file manager, and when I tried to restore it, the md5 sum didn't match and it didnt work. I've since gone through and made my new backups, but the file name of date month year etc is goin to get confusing to keep track of. Should I leave the file name and just add something to it, or is there another way to change the whole file name?

Thanks a bunch

Advertisement
    :
  2. Groid

Groid Well-Known Member

Kin3tx was released before the .902 update so it shows the older radio/kernel in About Phone, but that is just text coded into some files. You have the .902 radio working in the rom.

If you made a nandroid backup in bootstrap recovery with cwm, you can rename backups as long as you do not use any spaces. Spaces will kill the md5 checksum validation. I have restored nandroid backups that I renamed as long as I used no spaces in the name.
  3. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

If you want to use spaces put an under score in is paced. Like_this
  4. fd2blk78

fd2blk78 Active Member

Thanks guys...