Changing bookmarked website thumbnails for homepage - help pls!General

Last Updated:

1. jamouski

jamouski New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm new here so apologies if this topic has been covered already.

I've just taken delivery of my HTC Desire HD - very impressed so far.

Just wondering if anyone can help and tell me how I can change the thumbnail for my favourite websites? With Iphone, it would automatically take a logo from the website for the home screen. Android seems to only have a red flag shaped thing with a white star in the middle.

Here is a screengrab of the icons the Iphone had:

[​IMG]

Also, I've tried numerous times to open my Google account. It keeps saying that "a reliable data connection can not be made". I have tried it both with my 3G account and also with wi-fi (both of which is working perfectly fine for web browsing and exchange emails). I've also gone back to try via "setup" as per another thread but this hasnt worked either.

Any help on both of these issues would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I've had a look on the market for shortcut/icon changers and your best option would be to see if one of the alternative launchers gives you what you're looking for (ADW/ Go Launcher/Open Home), I can't see any apps or icon packs that would let you change the thumbnails without installing a new launcher first. I can't see the red thing you're on about, do you have a pic?

Not sure about the google account thing. Are you trying via the setup app that starts when you first turn on the handset, or have you created an account online and you're just using the gmail app on the phone?
  3. swgastro

swgastro Well-Known Member

For bookmarks, just use the bookmark widget?
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

You could, but that still only gives you a snapshot of the page as it was the last time you visited, not the thumbnail of the page logo as it does for tabs in chrome/FF/IE etc.