Support Changing Boot Screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jflexe99, Sep 6, 2010.

1. jflexe99

jflexe99 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Photographer
    PA
    I saw a sweet boot sequence posted on...I believe XDA or Android Central... but for the motorola droidX.

I got the file, tried to locate a bootanimtion file to replace the new bootanimation with, and it isn't there. They have a samsungboot and samsungbootrepeat. I renamed both of them to bkp files and placed the new bootanimation.zip in there(what they did with the motorola). I couldn't get it to work.

Anyone know how to get rid of the Galaxy S and replace with other bootanimations?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    No disrespect meant, but why do you care what the boot screen looks like?

Maybe I'm just cranky and need a nap.

3. jflexe99

jflexe99 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Photographer
    PA
    It seems very easy and something to make your phone unique...I really like the boot up screens I saw a guy make...really good work.

4. LordHumongouz

Sep 9, 2010
    I'll just be happy to remove the godawful AT&T boot splash and terrible sound.

Yes, I have System Sounds turned to 0. However, that is nonpersistent, and surprises me with terrible AT&T heinous boot splash misery when I least appreciate it.

5. Sheldor

Sheldor Active Member

Jul 26, 2010
    can you link what you saw?

6. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    If you find that you can live with the few seconds of splash screen, eliminating the sound during startup is more effectively accomplished by navigating to the /etc directory and renaming the file PowerOn.wav to PowerOn.wav.bak

LordHumongouz likes this.
  7. LordHumongouz

Sep 9, 2010
    Thanks very much for that, Jack.

Since I haven't rooted yet, and apparently sudo isn't implemented on my phone, I might have to wait on that.

I personally don't care about the boot animation. But, having the zooming sound happen in a meeting at 100% volume when I expected it to be 0% is a bit uncool in my world.

if I keep this thing and root it after 2.2 gets installed and opened up, I'll be doing that. I appreciate the pointer. I may just make my boot sound the whole SNL "More Cowbell" skit.... :)

8. lb8

lb8 Member

Aug 17, 2010