Changing Boot ScreenSupport

Last Updated:

1. jflexe99

jflexe99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I saw a sweet boot sequence posted on...I believe XDA or Android Central... but for the motorola droidX.

I got the file, tried to locate a bootanimtion file to replace the new bootanimation with, and it isn't there. They have a samsungboot and samsungbootrepeat. I renamed both of them to bkp files and placed the new bootanimation.zip in there(what they did with the motorola). I couldn't get it to work.

Anyone know how to get rid of the Galaxy S and replace with other bootanimations?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

No disrespect meant, but why do you care what the boot screen looks like?

Maybe I'm just cranky and need a nap.

3. jflexe99

jflexe99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It seems very easy and something to make your phone unique...I really like the boot up screens I saw a guy make...really good work.

4. LordHumongouz

LordHumongouz Banned

I'll just be happy to remove the godawful AT&T boot splash and terrible sound.

Yes, I have System Sounds turned to 0. However, that is nonpersistent, and surprises me with terrible AT&T heinous boot splash misery when I least appreciate it.

5. Sheldor

Sheldor Active Member

can you link what you saw?

6. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

If you find that you can live with the few seconds of splash screen, eliminating the sound during startup is more effectively accomplished by navigating to the /etc directory and renaming the file PowerOn.wav to PowerOn.wav.bak

LordHumongouz likes this.
  7. LordHumongouz

LordHumongouz Banned

Thanks very much for that, Jack.

Since I haven't rooted yet, and apparently sudo isn't implemented on my phone, I might have to wait on that.

I personally don't care about the boot animation. But, having the zooming sound happen in a meeting at 100% volume when I expected it to be 0% is a bit uncool in my world.

if I keep this thing and root it after 2.2 gets installed and opened up, I'll be doing that. I appreciate the pointer. I may just make my boot sound the whole SNL "More Cowbell" skit.... :)

8. lb8

lb8 Member