Changing custom Google calendars on created events

Last Updated:

1. jjw14

jjw14 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I use several custom Google calendars to keep my personal and work life events color-coded. If I create a new event on my Hero, at the very top of the screen, I can choose which calendar I want the event to be assigned to.

The problem is, after an event has been created, I am not able to reassign it to a different calendar. When I chose "Menu->Edit" for an event, the calendar selection drop down menu is no longer at the top of the screen. For instance, if I create and event in my "Meetings" calendar, and then later want to reassign it to my "Projects" calendar, I can't seem to do this on my Hero. I have to log into my Google account on my PC to make the change.

Does anyone know of a method to change calendars after an event has been created on the Hero?

Great forum! Thanks in advance,

JJW

Advertisement
  2. race4live

race4live Member

I don't think you can. I had an Iphone before the Hero and you couldn't change the calendar on that phone as well. Kind of weird and and disappointing.

3. jjw14

jjw14 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks,

That's too bad, but at least you saved me time searching around for the option in the calendar app.

One clunky method I have found is to use the web browser. First, on the Google homepage, click set Google to "Classic" instead of "Mobile". Then go to Calendar (you'll get a warning that the browser does not support Calendar in Classic mode), and you can change the calendar that is associated with any event you choose. However, it's such a hassle that I would only use it if I really felt I needed to change it.

Guess I'll have to stick to the PC to make these kinds of changes for now.:(

Appreciate the input,
    JJW

4. zenrage

zenrage New Member

I had the exact same question. Been searching and searching. Your post is actually the first thing I have found where someone even mentions this. Crazy they would make it that way (not being able to change the calendar of an event if it already exists). What were they thinking?! I'm hoping the next OS update will add the ability... fingers crossed the "Google calendar team" is "on it"!

5. blackjack000

blackjack000 New Member

I've been dealing with this exact problem, as well. It does make it a bit of a hassle when I decide to reclassify some sort of event on the fly (in order to make it get picked up by my radar when I'm scanning for a specific calendar of events).

I haven't found any workaround other than what has previously been mentioned (changing the calendar in a browser). I would love to see this get changed in the software.