Changing "decline call" behavior?

Last Updated:

1. xavious85

xavious85 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just noticed that when I decline a call, it doesn't send the caller to my voicemail, it just leaves them with a beeping noise almost like the line is busy. Is there anyway to change this so that when I hit decline, it will send the caller to my voicemail?

Advertisement
  2. CobaltDragon

CobaltDragon Well-Known Member

that's interesting, mine does not do that at all...sends them right to VM. Has it always done that on your phone?

3. xavious85

Not exactly sure, I installed Bugless Beast 0.7.5 last week so maybe that has something to do with it.

EDIT: Would Google voice have anything to do with this?

4. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

On my Verizon mobile number, mine also sends them right to voicemail when I decline a call. On Google Voice, you are correct: it will keep ringing until Google's voicemail picks up. This is because GV may be ringing other phones that are connected to your account.

5. xavious85

Alright, still haven't figured out why this is. This is happening when calling my Verizon number, not google voice number. I am using Google voice as my voicemail service.

6. bcromwell

bcromwell Member

Undo the google voice mail and I bet the problem will go away, When you forward your VM make sure you use the googe voice number and not your cell number, The google voice app tells you to do it wrong, the GV website has right directions.

7. xavious85

Yeah, it was definitely a Google Voice thing. Just went to the voice website, deactivated my phone and then reactivated it and it worked. Thanks for the heads up!

8. JDW

JDW Well-Known Member

I can see so much room for whacky stuff with Google Voice... Let alone if it has a bad day...

I'm on it, but haven't fully started using it just yet. Baby steps...