Changing default action in favorites?General

Last Updated:

1. goose42195

goose42195 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,
    A friend of mine has the HTC Incredible and asked me, since I have the Eris and they are pretty similar, how to change the default action in Favorite people. When he set up his wife as a favorite, he accidentally chose to "send text" as the default action. He wants to change it to dial her cell number. I read the instructions for my Eris on how to do this.

It tells me "To change the default communication method for a favorite contact, press and hold the contact, and then tap Change default action."

When I do this, I do not get an option to change default action. Same for him.

Anyone have any idea what I/we are doing wrong?

Thanks in advance......

John.

Advertisement
  2. eddieg

eddieg Well-Known Member

Just tap the icon and it will come up.

3. VonKannick

VonKannick Well-Known Member

On my Eris, I had to very carefully tap the text under the icon in order to change actions.

4. goose42195

goose42195 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Tapping the text under the icon does nothing but view the contact info. Tapping the icon itself will allow me to change the default action but only for some and not others. WTF????

5. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

Go into your People app, edit the person to remove them from your favorites, then add them back in. Go to favorites and select them, now you'll get the option of what to do, call, text, email for the default. Reset it to what you want.

sdt410 likes this.