Changing default backgrounds?General

Last Updated:

1. cabbie12

cabbie12 Member This Topic's Starter

O.K. I've seen in different themes or roms that the backgrounds are different than stock. Evil eris the robot on the dialer screen was blue. I've seen em pink. Seen em with checkerboard pattern across his midsection. Never seen a completely custom without the robot tho. My question is how do you change that screen and is the robot not removable? Can I just put some random picture that I think is cool at the time? Oh and how do I change the color of the call button and battery icon, if theres a way without installing other apps to do it?

Advertisement
  2. cabbie12

So I did some reading last night about it and from what I got I extract the apk's that determine the colors. Htcdialer.apk, com.HTC.resources.apk, I think those are the ones. Then I edit the 6 digit color code within, using PhotoShop color picker to find the new 6 digit code for the color I want. But every program I've tried so far to look at the xml files will not display them correctly. What program will work? And is the default background for the dialer in htcdialer.apk? Can it be changed? Also does anyone know exactly which xml files inside the apks need to be edited? Are they in the /res/color/ folder?

3. cabbie12

Aw hell no. I'm not touching this with a ten foot pole.