changing default picture and video file save location on mytouch

Last Updated:

1. qazqwer

qazqwer New Member This Topic's Starter

I some how erased the vids file on my phone. Now when I record a Video it goes no where. The details read the Album as camera but location unknown and there is no vids file in my gallery. Can anyone Help?

Advertisement
  2. tukatz

tukatz Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I understand what you are seeing, but let me tell you what I see. With my phone connected to my laptop I see (in the Windows Explorer) the phone's SD card as a drive. There is a folder in that drive called DCIM. Within that folder there is a subfolder called Camera. Whether I shoot a still or a video, it goes into that folder.
    With the phone disconnected from the laptop, when I open the Gallery I see three collections. One is called Camera pictures and shows stills. One is called Camera videos and shows videos. And one is called Camera media and shows both stills and videos. So the Gallery app is differentiating between stills and videos, even though physically they are all stored in the same folder on the SD card.
    I installed an app called CameraFun. If I use that app to shoot a still and save it, it goes into a CameraFun folder on the SD card. If there are any images in that folder, the Gallery shows SIX collections. The new ones are CameraFun that shows images in that folder, sdcard that shows images in the CameraFun folder (the same set), and All pictures that shows all the stills in the DCIM\Camera folder and the duplicate sets in CameraFun and sdcard.
    This may be more confusing than helpful. I hope not.