changing default picture and video file save locationSupport

Last Updated:

1. knobbytrav

knobbytrav New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all...I am new to this phone and so far so good. Working things out and getting it set up like I want it. I have two photograph widgets on one of my screens, one set up for newly taken pictures and one set up for newly shot video. The only problem is, I don't know how to change the default video save location. I am using the astro file manager and have seen that all videos and pictures save into a file named DCIM on my SD card. How do I change this to make it save pictures and videos into different files? I have made a different file for my videos and manually moved them into the folder but the phone is still saving new videos to the same old default place.

Suggestions...?

Thanks

Travis

Advertisement
  2. knobbytrav

knobbytrav New Member This Topic's Starter

Anybody...?

3. onboard

onboard Member

I am very frustrated by this as well. I find that for all the talk about how black box Iphone is, and how open source Android is, that all my apps seem to make decisions about where files will be located without allowing me any opportunity to change this.

Gallery (default app) - has no setting to specify directories to include / exclude
    Photoshop - has no ability to point to a directory of your choosing
    Camera (default) - has no ability to specify which directory my photos are to be stored in.

This is very limiting. I am using a Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S by the way

4. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

I've moved yout post to the Samsung Vibrant area where you should get more help.

5. onboard

onboard Member

bump

6. tobermoryboy

tobermoryboy Member

Hi JB in AZ
    You've moved this but I am after the same info, and surely it is about Android OS and app "settings" rather than specific devices?

I want to organise Music, ringtones, email storage, notifications across devices from my PC's but more importantly on a HTC Desire, Nexus 7, Scroll Excel, S3mini, but it seems I may be prevented from doing this by default settings and inability of apps to be "instructed" where to look for data?

Any idea where I can find more info?