Changing Default "web homepage"Support

1. kkline116

kkline116 Member

Hello all.

I have the Dolphin web browser, and I have it set as my default. However, when I click on the "Web" icon in the bottom bar, it still brings up a "search mobile online" website. I want the Dolphin's "Speed Dial" page as my homepage.

When I go to:
    Settings button
    More
    Settings
    Set HomePage

I am unable to select the Dolphin Speed Dial (i.e. "new tab")as my homepage because it doesn't have a URL (it's a blank tab).

Under the Dolphin web browser, I have "Use the New tab page" set as the option under the "set home page" option. But, for some reason, when I click the "web" icon, it doesn't open up Dolphin until after I do a search on that "search mobile online".

Basically, what I want to do is click on the "web" icon in the bottom row and have the Dolphin Web browser open up to a new tab.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

From the home screen
    Menu.settings.applications.manage apllications.

Find the stock browser and clear defaults

Now press the web icon and it should ask...check mark the use default and hit dolphin

This is tricky with the stock browser but I finally got it to work
    Frisco likes this.
  3. kkline116

kkline116 Member

Okay, did that... and it worked... sorta.

Now, it does open up my dolphin browser, but, for some reason, it goes to "home (dot) att (dot) com" and then immediately auto-redirects to "m (dot) yahoo (dot) com".

I even hit "clear data" where the "clear defaults" were, and still does this.

I'm pretty sure the issue is on the stock browser's side (or the phone's side) because when I go to the just Dolphin browser's icon, and open it, it comes up to a "new tab" page.

:confused:
  4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I am pretty sire it is a setting in dolphin. hard to say tho. i am rooted and simply freeze the stock browser
  5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

You might try clearing cache and data in the stock browser (in addition to what Mr. Ed suggested), then reboot the device.
  6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Open dolphin browser with the dolphin icon

Press menu

More

Scroll down to settings

Check "make default dolphin"

Now go just below that and set homepage and choose tab page
  7. P1ng

P1ng Member

It's doing the same thing to me except I can't get chrome or dolphin to open when I use the default Web app.

I've re installed, restarted, cleared all defaults from Web and It doesn't work

It opens up chrome when I hit a link in my email and it asked if I wanted to make chrome my default and I put yes but still nothing when I hit the Web app

I'm on ICS