Changing from Eris to AllySupport

Last Updated:

1. dbriani

dbriani Member This Topic's Starter

I am a little nervous, after having replaced my Eris 3 times now, Assurion is going to send me an LG Ally. Has anyone used this phone, and how did you like it? They ensured me that if I do not like the Ally my warranty still covers my Eris, and they will allow me to get a new Eris rather than keep the Ally. This is a little scary for me because I am not a huge fan of LG phones, and I have read poor reviews of the Ally. I insisted Verizon send me a phone that is more similar to the Eris, as the LG does not have the Sense UI, and I do like the look of the Eris. Any advice as to what I should do, and how does everyone feel about the Ally? Thank for any advice.

Advertisement
  2. skater95

skater95 Well-Known Member

I also came from a Eris, but now I'm going to an Incredible. I honestly would rather have a Eris just because I don't like keyboards, I like the Sense UI and it was to thick for me. I'm not saying this is a bad phone it actually really good just not my type of phone. Also the Ally has a really good community here, you'll get along with everyone just fine I think.

dbriani likes this.
  3. laurentypo

laurentypo Well-Known Member

I had an Eris and had it replaced 3 times. Verizon gave me an Ally as a replacement. I was pretty bummed at first, because I loved how sleek and thin the Eris was, and I really liked that it didn't have a keyboard.

I was surprised when I got my Ally, because the screen resolution is awesome. The pictures just look so much clearer! I also thought the Ally was quicker to respond than my Eris. The keyboard is actually really good. My husband has a Motorola Droid, and I hate his keyboard. The raised button's on the Ally's keyboard make it really useful. I actually find myself using the keyboard a lot when I text instead of using the touch screen.

The soft keys are a little annoying, because they start to go bad, and then you can't use the Back key without pressing it 20 times. This is really the only problem I have with the phone, other than it being a little bulkier than I would like.

I miss my Eris' form, but I like the Ally's function.

4. dbriani

dbriani Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you for your response. I just got my Ally today, and I have to say it isn't so bad. The Eris is a much better looking phone, and I too like the Sense UI. But like you I also had 3 replacements before I was sent a different phone. My Eris was very buggy and I missed so many calls that it just became a hassle, hopefully I'll be upgrading shortly if this phone doesn't work out.