Changing "From" in Gmail...General

Last Updated:

1. andykrow

andykrow New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

Just wondering if there's any update on changing the "from" in the gmail app on the G1.

Like many others out there, I'm sure, I have gmail set to check multiple accounts. While I love getting these emails pushed to my phone (and gmail seems to check my accounts every 5 mins or less :), it's frustrating that I cannot seem to reply with the address the email was originally sent to. It works perfectly in Gmail on my PC, just not with the G1. I have rc33.

Anyone know how to do this or if an update is on the way?

I did find a couple old posts on this but they were from October so I figured I would put it out there again.

Thanks,
    Andy

Advertisement
  2. SK.

SK. Well-Known Member

Hi Andy

currently it's still not possible via the G1 which is a shame as I use multiple accounts also.

I haven't seen it written up anywhere that this will be in any future update but I keep my fingers crossed as this is something I would like also.

3. andykrow

andykrow New Member This Topic's Starter

A little progress...

Fooling around with this more I went to Gmail from my G1's browser. It initially put me into the mobile version of Gmail but has the option of the desktop version down at the bottom of the page. Both mobile and desktop versions of this will reply with the same address the email was originally sent to.

Why not the gmail app?? It's so much faster than the browser and I would assume uses less battery.

4. johnkzin

johnkzin Well-Known Member

It's one of my key gripes with the current state of Android: can't do "send as" in Gmail.