Changing gmail account down the line

Last Updated:

1. Christine

Christine Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi. My brother is out of the country and I bought him a Droid, knowing that he definitely wants one. Anyway, I wanted to be able to have it set up for him when he got home later this week, but he doesn't already have a gmail account. I know he'll want to use his real name as his username, as that is what he's done with other email accounts and thought I'd go ahead and set one up for him so that I could download the free apps that he'll probably want to play with.

On to the real question: If he doesn't like his new email address, would it be easy to remove that account and create a new gmail when he gets home? I understand that the apps are tied to the account, and that's why I would only download free apps for now.

Thanks so much!

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Hi Christine :)

Sure , you can easily reset the Google account on the Phone by going to Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> Scroll to "Google Apps" -> Select it -> Press Delete data -> Now go to the Marketplace -> Enter the New Google account you want -> Your all done! :D

It's much easier and shorter than it looks in writing :p

Carl

3. Christine

Christine Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thank-you!