Changing Google Password?Support

Last Updated:

1. Brian Rubin

Brian Rubin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey kids, I'm writing because I'm having some trouble. Due to some hacking attempts, I had to change my primary gmail password to something wacky, and now, of course, my EVO can't access my google account for my contacts and calendar.

I can't find a way to change the password, however. I've tried clearing the data from the gmail program as recommended in another thread, but now I keep getting the captcha over and over again.

Any advice or suggestions as to what I can do to fix this? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. JackT

JackT Well-Known Member

Can you change the password under Accounts in the Settings menu (the main Settings page that you reach from your home screen)?

3. Brian Rubin

Brian Rubin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Actually apparently if I fail the captcha enough times, it just asks for the password, which it FINALLY just did. Whew. Thanks!

4. vetrijar

vetrijar New Member

I did that FOREVER .. turns out for me with my HTC Evo.. I had to turn the phone off first, then turn it back on.. go back into the Account Sync area. Refresh the sync. Then drag down the notification bar and select the sync error message. that popped up (instead) the change your password box.. after I did that, I got the catcha message and it worked right away! ...

Before the turning off the phone, I tried the catcha thing like 40+ times!!! (yeah i was mad).. before turning off the phone..

Couldn't there just be a simple (change password) ??