• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Changing HTC stock apps

nanllyn

Nov 10, 2009
I am wanting to change the stock calendar. I like Google's better. Also I was wanting to put the WeatherBug on there because it has more locations. I was just wondering if any of this would conflict with the stock apps and possibly freeze or mess up my phone.
Just wondering if anyone has done that.
Thanks,
Nancy

I am wanting to change the stock calendar. I like Google's better. Also I was wanting to put the WeatherBug on there because it has more locations. I was just wondering if any of this would conflict with the stock apps and possibly freeze or mess up my phone.
Just wondering if anyone has done that.
Thanks,
Nancy

It should not affect anything.

What Google Calender are you referring to? The widget?

Upvote 0
I really like HTC's calendar but it only gives one reminder to set. Google allows you to set as many as you want and you can do it by email or with a reminder on the phone. Unless I'm missing it somehow, I don't see HTC doing that. I have to go back into Google online to do it.
I will have to say I love the HTC Dinc over my Moto Droid. And I really like most of the stock apps, especially the music app.
Thanks,
Nancy

Upvote 0
I really like HTC's calendar but it only gives one reminder to set. Google allows you to set as many as you want and you can do it by email or with a reminder on the phone. Unless I'm missing it somehow, I don't see HTC doing that. I have to go back into Google online to do it.
I will have to say I love the HTC Dinc over my Moto Droid. And I really like most of the stock apps, especially the music app.
Thanks,
Nancy

You can add multiple reminders in HTC Mail.

In Agenda Mode, Select and HOLD the Event, select EDIT, MENU, ADD REMINDER. You can keep doing this to add more than ONE.

BTW you can do this from any location within the HTC calendar. I just used Agenda as that is what I come into first. You can do this from MONTH view. Select day, then when DAY comes up with your events on that day, just do same as above (hold, edit etc).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones