1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Changing Icon Names / Text

1. AJam

AJam Member

I am sure this has been discussed in length in previous threads, so if someone would like to direct me to one I would not mind. My searches of this forum have only pulled up unrelated threads about dual SIM phones and pictures of homescreens.

I have a Nexus S and am running 4.1 Jellybean. Prior to the most recent firmware update, I was using Bettercut to quickly and easily rename my icons. After the 4.1 update, Bettercut no longer works =(. The real shame is this application was relatively flawless and was paid for, but the developer decided not to pursue future endeavors with the app (which has been removed from the market for some time).

Nonetheless, I am now running Jellybean with no apparent way of changing icons and icon names. I have done numerous searches on AppBrain, Google, and various threads with no success.

I want avoid using new ROMs or Launchers. Bettercut was a very simple and effective application, but given that it no longer exists (or functions), there is an opportunity for a developer to fill that void!

Let's solve this dilemma for good!

Advertisement
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

That eliminated both of what I would have suggested. BetterCut used to be the go to solution without a different launcher. Hopefully the app will get updated to support JB soon.

My other suggestion would have been a launcher like Nova (excellent launcher and the one I use)