1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Changing incoming call screenGeneral

Last Updated:

1. raptiye

raptiye Member This Topic's Starter

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to android. I have a problem about my incoming call screen, it answers the calls automaticly when I try to take it out of my pocket. I've searched internet and I think it is possible to change it but I couldn't figure out how to change it. Can you help about this?

Thank You

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Welcome to the forums :)

You could try an alternative launcher/one of the lock screen widgets available on the market?

There's an option from within Widget Locker to stay active when a call comes through meaning you have to unlock via widget locker, then use the Sense swipe down to answer the call?

Alternatively, there's a more rudimentary app called Lock Menu which may do the same thing (and is free).

3. raptiye

Thanks for your help. I tried an app called as No Lock, it did its job and now I have two buttons answer or decline:). In addition lock screen gone which is I wanted also but pattern screen gone too which is I didn't want. However I'm ok with it.

4. El Presidente

No worries. Widget Locker has the option to retain the system lock screen, but I can have a look around and see if any of the free ones offer that facility if you like?

5. raptiye

That would be great actually and maybe you give me advice about how to find it.

6. El Presidente

I just searched for "home lock screen" via the android market website and looked for some free apps, installed them and had a play.

Unfortunately, I can't find any free apps that allow you to retain the system keyguard, sorry.

As I said in a previous post, you could try Widget Locker, it's only just over a quid and is well worth it.

7. raptiye

Thank you for your interests.

8. El Presidente

No problem, sorry I couldn't find a proper (free) solution for you.

9. raptiye

Well, I want to ask another question. Is it possible to delete htclockscreen.apk because I saw some people do that on internet. I also wonder what ROM is and how to change it. I have read about it but I'm afraid to change it because of warranty etc. And if I change the rom, will incoming call screen change?

Thanks

10. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

If, when you rooted, you went for a Sense based ROM, then it should look the same as it currently does. Rooting voids your warrantee though.

As for a delete on the htclockscreen.apk - unless you are sure you wanna do that, having seen it done/read that it's possible (or are already rooted and can make a backup), I wouldn't do it - just to be safe!

11. raptiye

I'm using Ezanswer now. It changed only incoming call screen. That was what I exactly wanted. I was ok with current lock screen and pattern.

12. El Presidente

Glad you found something.