changing message notification tone

Last Updated:

1. Texter

Texter Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can I use a downloaded ringtone for my message notification tone? I can't get to my ringtones list in the options menu in the notification edit screen. It only shows the notification tones that came standard with the phone.

Advertisement
  2. dwh_72

dwh_72 Well-Known Member

You mean TEXT message ringtone? On Samsung Galaxy this is what works... Oen messaging > menu > settings > select ringtone.
    (mp3 ringtones may not show up in this menu. I use .wav for all my tones. Keeps them out of the music player list too) This gives me a different RT than if you go into settings > sound and display > notification ringtone.
    I have tried (or bothered) to attempt a different text RT for individual contacts

solotx likes this.
  3. cjskach

cjskach Member

I am trying the same thing and only get access to the canned tones available. Would like to be able to choose from my list.

4. dwh_72

dwh_72 Well-Known Member

open your fille explorer
    in the sdcard folder create a folder "Media" (no quotes)
    in "Media" create 3 folders: Alarms Notifications Ringtones

Put your tones into appropriate folders (like I said earlier I use .wav not .mp3 to prevent these tones from showing up in music player)

5. solotx

solotx New Member

That worked great for me.

If I do created my own personalized ringtones, what is the maximum length/size they can be? Any suggestions on what app to use to do this?

Thanks

6. tstarky

tstarky Active Member

I don't know if there is a limit on the size but the app you are looking for is Ringtones. It is easy to use and it's FREE!