Changing MNC in APN settings makes whole APN to disappear - Updated to Galaxhero

Last Updated:

1. Luppakorva

Luppakorva Member This Topic's Starter

First of all tried to search answer for this but did not find any, sorry if it's already been discussed in another thread.

I just updated to Galaxhero and I love it except one quite big and annoying problem with internet connection.. Problem occurs when I try to set up the APN for my service provider. I have to change the MNC from 05 to 21.

So I did put all the settings in and pressed save ...What happens I found out the whole APN is gone. Played around a bit with it, and noticed that if I touch to MNC setting and change it to other than 05, it causes that very APN to disappear from APN list. Is there any way to fix this? Somehow maybe modifying the "default" MNC to 21 if there's no fix for the disappearing one?

Sad thing is that I don't have 3g without it.

Any help is much appreciated :).

Model:
    Sansung Galaxy Running GalaxHero
    Firmvare:
    1.5 - GalaxHero V1.1 - For aandroid.hdblog.it
    Baseband:
    I7500XXII8
    Kernel:
    2.6.27.35-bfs302-drakazv3drakaz@pc
    Build:
    76xxcsdbalum6375

Advertisement
  2. benner

benner Well-Known Member

same problem here. every firmware i have tried is the same. I would like to know to.

3. Luppakorva

Was googling to find solution for it, but all I found is that some people seem to have this very same problem with HTC Hero even with the first time setup. Was wondering if changing to Galaxo would help if the problem is in hero firmware.

4. pegasus21

pegasus21 Well-Known Member

It does this because the list of APNs only reflect the ones applicable to your current network. In most cases, the MCC and MNC that are filled for you are correct.

5. Luppakorva

Thanks for the reply Pegasus.

Unfortunately they are not filled up correctly at the moment and I really have to find a way to change them. Is there any way to do so?

6. pegasus21

pegasus21 Well-Known Member

The other way I know of is to change it directly at /system/etc/. It's in the filename that starts with apn. You would require root access to modify that file.

7. sofus

sofus New Member

I had the same problem on my Galaxy. But I have found a nice solution to it.

When ever you power on the phone, just power it on in fastboot mode (Press and hold "Aswer call" and "Ok" while pressing power on).

This bypasses the SIM lock, and mysteriously makes the data connection work every time.

I don't know, if you are required to have had the phone powered on "regulary" and entered the SIM PIN, before using this trick.