changing notification sounds

Last Updated:

1. hoppy1986

hoppy1986 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok so the one of the first thing i did when i got my hero was to stop the htc message service n went to chomp sms, awesome app.

anyway i wanna change the notification / message sounds to something not in the default list. basically i wanna crop a music file on my phone and have it as a message tone like u can and i have done with my ring tone.

i was expecting for there to be an option to chose what i set the tone as.
    what i mean is, when ive cropped a file you get an option to 'set as ring tone' or set as 'contact tone'. no option for notification sounds.

ive also played about in the chomp settings and i can only get a list up for default sounds.

am i just being stupid and dont know where to look, or do i serioulsy have to keep the crap htc sounds?

ive got a peter griffin soundboard, if i click n hold on a sound it pops up with set a tone and notification, and i can set that as my sound but i dont want that, i wanna crop a music file.

help please
    james

Advertisement
  2. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

3. SirGaz

SirGaz Active Member

Just wondering which service it is I have to stop for the htc sms. I've installed chomp but now I get two notifications

4. hoppy1986

hoppy1986 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

you have to go into htc message, press menu then go to settings, and its near the bottoms, untick the notifications option.

look and check your chomp settings aswel, there are some cool little options.

5. jayrod88

jayrod88 Member

Speaking of setting in chomp, anyone figure out how to change the led color on the sprint HTC hero? I can only get it to stay green (like the stock messaging app). And yes I have turned off stock notifications.