Changing options on lock screenGeneral

Last Updated:

1. taxiron1

taxiron1 Well-Known Member

How do I change the stock text option on lock screen to my GO SMS ?

Advertisement
  2. mishmosh2000

mishmosh2000 Well-Known Member

if you freeze the stock messaging app, it should automatically default to GO SMS PRO on the lockscreen.
  3. narayanan9190

narayanan9190 Well-Known Member

How do u do that ?
  4. doniago

doniago Well-Known Member

Titanium Backup lets you freeze apps. I'm not honestly sure whether there are other ways to do it.
  5. narayanan9190

narayanan9190 Well-Known Member

But that requires root, innit ?
  6. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

No need to freeze anything. Just disable the stock messaging app in settings>apps
    bigstew likes this.
  7. B360155

B360155 Well-Known Member

Widgetlocker is a great app for customizing your lockscreen. Allows you to put all kinds of apps and shotcuts on your lockscreen as buttons or sliders.
  8. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

While I am a huge fan of WidgetLocker, when you use it, you then have to swipe twice. Once for WL, and once for stock. I tried to get WL to "eliminate" the stock lock screen, but can't get it to work. If you have a secret to that, please share. ;)

But, yes, it can be customized in many ways. Again, if you "disable" the stock text app in Settings>Apps>All, your other text app will take its place on the lock screen.
    bigstew likes this.
  9. carracerz14

I'm pretty sure if you set your screen lock to none it will eliminate the second loco screen with widget locker won't it?
  10. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Maybe, carracerz14. I don't want to have just the WL app as "security" since it really doesn't provide any! I want to use WL and PIN, but I don't think I can do that w/o having the stock lock screen appear :(
  11. carracerz14

Yeah, too bad widget locker doesn't allow pin+ all the other features
  12. bigstew

bigstew Member

Disabling the stock app in the Settings>Apps>All worked brilliantly! My Hancent SMS immediately showed up in the lock screen. Easy peasy.
  13. boceifus96

boceifus96 Member

I stumbled on this thread today and I have been wondering how to change the text messaging app on the lock screen. Thanks for teaching me how to use my phone.