Changing Password On Exchange / CaptivateSupport

Last Updated:

1. TevocRoux

TevocRoux Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my Captivate synced to my work and school exchange server for about two months now.
    This morning, I had to change my work exchange password. However, on my phone....when I into Account Settings>Incoming Settings and try to change the password....I get "Two exchange accounts allowed".
    It seems it thinks I'm trying to setup a third account rather than change the password to the existing account.
    How do I change the password?
    (I've thought about deleting the account....but my fear is that it will create another instance of calendar and contacts....which happened once before, also annoying...if anyone knows how to get rid of the old duplicated calendars.)

Advertisement
  2. LMaxwell

LMaxwell Well-Known Member

Try going into Settings...Accounts and sync. Tap the account you want to change, then Account settings...Incoming settings.

You should be able to delete an account and not have anything left behind. I've deleted my Exchange account several times and never had a duplicate calendar or contacts.

3. TevocRoux

TevocRoux Member This Topic's Starter

Right, and at the 'Incoming Settings", after I modify the password I get the pop up stating "Two exchange accounts allowed".

If I go to the Calendar>Settings>Calendars
    I see the calendars I want...but also two old ones from work (When I was experimenting) and an old one from school...also when I was creating / deleting accounts) However, these calendars don't go away...
    I'm more concerned with the email sync issue though.

4. stevenhb

stevenhb New Member

So are you saying that the only way to change the password is to delete and re-add the account?

5. paheal

paheal New Member

I have two exchange email accounts. Attempting to change the password through Account Settings > Incoming Message gives the same "Two exchange accounts allowed"..

Removing and re-adding the account did work for me. I do have auto sync turned on and didn't have any additional calendar or contact information showing up.