• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Changing ports for Android Market.

lifelike27

Lurker
Nov 12, 2010
Hey guys,

My post on this forum. I hope you'll can help me out. I'm a university student and I live on campus. The campus is completely wireless and they've blocked majority of the ports on it...

No torrenting, no online gaming, nothing...

This includes the Android market ports. I can download apps with 3G so I know that there isn't any problem with my phone downloading apps (I've read that people have experienced that problem before).

What I've tried:
-My laptop network card can create a LAN and share it's existing wireless connection. So I tried connecting my laptop through a proxy and then my phone to my laptop. The problem with that is, my PC connects through the proxy but my mobile doesn't use the proxy at all. It directly connects to the universities wireless through my laptop.

-Looking for a proxy app on the market that I can download off 3G.

I need to download it off wifi because my data plan is a pay-as-you-go. That gets too expensive.

I have a HTC Desire with Android 2.2 in case I didn't mention that.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones