Changing primary Google Account

Last Updated:

1. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I have read the threads that come with putting in the title above, but I have a special question.

Does anyone know of a procedure that I can go through to not only change my primary Google account on my DROID but also have it transfer bought app info from the old account to the new account?

I have bought well over $10 worth of apps, an I would like them associated with the account through my domain as opposed to my current account (just a regular GMail address).

Any ideas here? Or is what I remember reading in the past still true - bought apps are locked to one account and cannot be changed?

Advertisement
  2. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

Wrong thread.oops

3. johnlgalt

what does GV have to do with changing my primary account on my DROID and have my paid apps be associated with the new Google Account?

4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I think he smoked the crack a bit too long john. Anyway I don't think you can transfer paid apps to a new account, MAYBE if you go to the google checkout website and log in you could do it from there but that's the only thing I can think of.

5. russell5

russell5 Well-Known Member

I recently changed my primary google account on my droid from reg gmail to GAFYD this is what i found.

With just my GAFYD account added i could not but paid apps. even though i went to checkout.google.com and signed up for a checkout account with it.

I also had bought apps with my gmail account before i switched. SO i figured i could just add it as a secondary account and it would all be fine. But i was wrong. I was now able to buy apps with my gmail account as a secondary account but none of my paid apps associated with that account would let me update without rebuying.

It kinda sucked but i did end up buying the apps again because i couldnt go back to gmail being the primary account because i need GAFYD account to sync calendar the only the primary account can do that.

6. johnlgalt

^^^ That is what I was afraid of.

I'll try to contact them as I want to do exactly what you were trying to do.

7. tec1ra

tec1ra Member

Why not just add the new email as a secondary account and then just turn off all the syncs associated with the one you no longer use? I have my personal account set as secondary and a primary account set for my work email and calendar, etc.

8. johnlgalt

Sigh.

I want the apps associated with my GAFYD account *in the market*.

hell, I already have *3* accounts on my phone, plus a FB account. I only sync everything on the main account, and sync gmail only on my GAFYD and my other Google account.

My point is I want the paid apps actually transferred to my GAFYD so I can sign into that account as my primary account in the market.

I am not looking for workarounds, b/c I am already working around it now.

9. heramb22

heramb22 New Member

Subscribing to this b/c I am in the same boat and want to swap the primary account associated with my Droid Incredible to use my Google Apps username instead of my gmail one so that I can use the new Android Marketplace web interface without having to log out of my Google Apps account.