Changing Region?Support

Last Updated:

1. Pants

Pants Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,
    I found a person selling a Chinese X10, and I was wondering if/how I can change its region to Canada, change it's language to English, and make it work with Rogers.
    I would like to know these details before I buy it, so I don;'t get screwed.
    Help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. joemonkey

joemonkey Well-Known Member

i have not seen anywhere on the x10 that you can change region, but wouldn't simply changing the language and time zone would suffice for canada? any unlocked phones can work with rogers.

anyone feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

3. Pants

Pants Member This Topic's Starter

Yea, that is the main thing i was thinking. if i unlock it and simply change the language on it, it should work. one last thing, if its a chinese phone, will english be on it as a language option?

4. wooks63

wooks63 Well-Known Member

I'd be very cautious buying from china - can you guarantee that it's a genuine Sony Ericsson X10 and not a fake?

5. RJF1

RJF1 Member

Well, Since I bought the phone in the United States from an ATT Store, and underneath the battery compartment, it says "Made In China" anyway, maybe its legit. But, I would still be careful, not because of buying from china (because it would come from there anyway), but because of buying it "off the street" and not from a reputable dealer.

6. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

lmfao! :D

Anyway, there are some clones in china now, but these slightly differ from the original X10