Root Changing roms again?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jackdsparker94, Oct 3, 2011.

1. jackdsparker94

jackdsparker94 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2011
    at the moment I'm running cyangenmod 7.1 and I was wondering about changing to another rom. If I use a nandroid back up on the rom I have atm will it be okay?

Thanks Jack :)

Advertisement
  2. brezzo

brezzo Well-Known Member

Do a nandroid backup, then basically you can just flash the new rom. If you don't like it, restore! :)

At least that's how I think it works.. it's what I've assumed when flashing stuff (never had a problem though).

3. jackdsparker94

jackdsparker94 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Yeah me neither :p and I know how it works.
    but was wondering is it different because it's a custom rom I guess not :')
    Ima try a nightly soon :)

4. brezzo

brezzo Well-Known Member

You running the CM7.1 RC1? That's just like a really old nightly (in terms of bugs and stuff), I'd switch to nightly 158 or whatever's out now.

5. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Pompey, UK
    Today's nightly will have A2DP working.

Or you can flash one of the Euroskank builds (by me) and have it now: Euroskank CM Kangs - p990

6. imptamer

imptamer New Member

Oct 14, 2011
    I recently downloaded and flashed CM 7.1.0.1 onto my new Optimus 2x, after flashing, I cannot see my apps on Titanium backup, open Cynanogenmod settings (it force closes) and when i enter rom manager, it says i need to mount sd card (I've used my internal memory previously and now it can't be mounted?). I would really appreciate some help since the CM 7.1.0.1 rom looks really good and I don't want to flash back to a previous rom because i can't restore swype through titanium backup. Any suggestions?

7. brezzo

brezzo Well-Known Member

You should probably post this here.

8. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Pompey, UK
    I guess you don't have an external SD card? Settings - CyanogenMod settings - Application - tick use internal storage.