changing sd card to replacement phoneGeneral

Last Updated:

1. canrunin

canrunin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

my eris ha the 2.1 update on it and i am getting a replacement phone,is there anything on my sd card that will effect the 2.1 ota update when i get my replacement? or is it all on the phone memory?

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Probably not. All the memory card will have is your photos, music, and some app info, but fresh installs tend to ignore it. When you put your memory card in your new phone, it will be just like if you did a factory reset on your current phone.

3. slhenderson87

slhenderson87 Member

Is there anyway to backup your apps? Or, do you have to reload everything from Market? I did a factory reset. It was a pain to get everything back the way I wanted. Yesterday, I experienced the silent phone again. So, I guess I will have to get a new phone.

4. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

You can back them up using Astro.

5. rubinscube

rubinscube Well-Known Member

use astro to backup apps (under tools selection), then when you have the new phone with your SD card installed, download astro and go to tools to reinstall. do not reinstall astro or it will boot you out of the reinstall process. then go to the android market and press "menu" then "downloads", you will find your other apps there.