• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Changing SD card?

rtm0004

Oct 18, 2010
A couple days ago I rooted my phone and all of a sudden, my SD card is full!

It's not huge, only 2 gb but I don't have much on my phone

But here's the problem, I have a program that needs updating on a daily basis and now I can't update it since there is no more room on my SD card.

If I go buy a bigger SD card, can I just copy and paste all the stuff that's on the card now to the new one with no hiccups or is there a specific procedure I need to follow so I don't loss all the data on the card?

That's correct, just copy the files over to your PC and then put them on the new card. Everything will transfer just fine.

If you get a new card, just remember to format it before you try to use it. The phone can format it but that seems to get buggy sometimes, so you might want to play it safe and just use the PC to format it. You'll have to have it in the PC to transfer the files anyway.

Reactions: NeilMac13
Upvote 0
That's correct, just copy the files over to your PC and then put them on the new card. Everything will transfer just fine.

If you get a new card, just remember to format it before you try to use it. The phone can format it but that seems to get buggy sometimes, so you might want to play it safe and just use the PC to format it. You'll have to have it in the PC to transfer the files anyway.

will that be an option when I mount it or do I have to go into a setting menu to do that?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones