Changing Sound Profiles.Support

Last Updated:

1. essenby

essenby New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Please forgive me if this is a simple noobie question - but is there a quick and simple way to change Sound ProfIles? maybe a shortcut or a widget or something. I can't believe that every time I want to move from one profile to another (gooing into a meetiong for example) I have to press:- Menu / Settings / Sound & Display and then select the profile.

Advertisement
  2. stewcp

stewcp Member

There are plenty of widgets/apps on the market for this... otherwise, you can press and hold the power button and a menu will pop up with a few options ;)

3. Case

Case Well-Known Member

If you use the volume controls on the side you can turn it down to 'Silent' and then 'Vibrate'.

4. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

There are a few widgets or you just use the volume buttons.

5. asahi

asahi Active Member

This is really a point of contention with me. Got my Incredible Thursday.

I came from a Blackberry and what I need is to be able to change from profiles that have some sounds and some things silent depending on time or location.

It seems Android changes sound inside each program instead of in a central sound location. I really want to find a program that will centralize all the sounds that can be set into profiles and then let me change them automatically. I need the Phone to Ring and SMS to make sound 24 hours a day but I really don't want email or IM to make sounds at night.

Program suggestions?

6. SergioRuiz

SergioRuiz New Member

This is what you (and me!) want:

widgets> settings> profile for an widget that can toggle between ring, vibrate and silent.

(stolen from another post).

7. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

You've answered your own question - you setup the notifications in the individual apps. There are global settings like ringtone/SMS etc. but for the most part each apps governs itself

8. dorsetsav

dorsetsav Well-Known Member

Try AudioGuru, it's the best i have found for this so far and i have tried many!!

Also audiomanger can add a widget to your screen for a quick shortcut to liimited sound settings.

9. ventz

ventz Member

10. ventz

ventz Member