Changing text color on the Huawei Ascend?

1. jetbumper

jetbumper New Member

Hi,

Is there any way to change the text color or color schemes in texting and email on the Ascend? Or at least a way to change the font size? I'm visually impaired and reading texts and email on this phone is really difficult without a magnifying glass.

If there's an app or I do it by rooting the phone or something, that's fine but I cannot seem to find anything or any way to do this.

Thanks for any info.

Mic

Advertisement
  2. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Well-Known Member

jetbumper likes this.
  3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

There are also apps that let you alter the pixel density of the screen, which in effect makes things larger or smaller, just like changing the resolution on a computer.

But any kind of solution to your problem will probably involve rooting, I'm afraid.
  4. jetbumper

jetbumper New Member

I imagine you'd be right! I'll have to do some research on rooting and backing stuff up now that I potentially have a reason to do it. Thanks a bunch for the link! If I get it working I'll post back with results.
  5. BlastGT1

I was going to mention the density changer app, but it doesn't work too well when going to lower resolutions, you lose part of the screen. I found that out by trial and error, thought I hosed my phone at first, when I couldn't see half of it because I guessed in the wrong direction on the number settings to resize it!

As far as changing text color, some messaging apps let you change the appearance. ChompSMS lets you completely customize the threaded message screen, and text/bubbles for each conversation. Ultra Keyboard will let you change every aspect of the keyboard coloring as a custom theme. I spent about 30 minutes playing with mine last night.
  6. jetbumper

jetbumper New Member

Seems to have worked great after rooting! I've been carrying one of those credit card magnifying glasses in the phone holster with the phone for a while now. Hopefully I won't need it as much or at all. Thanks again for the info!
  7. BlastGT1

You are most welcome. :)