Changing Texts from Phone to Google????Support

Last Updated:

1. jcheney10

jcheney10 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Before i realized that you had to save contacts to google to be able to sync them with Gmail i saved them all under the phone. I cant for the life of me find under the edit button in contacts to change from phone to google, if I create a new contact I can but with my existing contacts it wont let me. Anybody know of a way to do this?

Advertisement
  2. 84guy

84guy Well-Known Member

i think there are some apps that copy them to google contacts. but youll have to go through and delete all the phone contacts. but i dont think there is a way native to the phone to switch them to google contacts

3. whtge8

whtge8 Well-Known Member

I did it manually. Added all of my contacts manually into my Gmail, deleted all the contacts in my phone, then synced. I dont think theres another way.

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Remember, you can open People, Menu -> Import/Export and send all of your phone (or google) contacts to a vcard file on your SD card.

You can then move that file to your PC and then Import that file (More Actions) to your Gmail / Contacts.

Kludgey - but it kinda works.

5. shantytownbrown

shantytownbrown Well-Known Member

thats how i did it..exported phone to sd card, then (without going to pc) imported back, it asked me if i wanted them google or phone..chose google..

the kludgy part was linking them together..so they woulnt appear as dupes...