Changing the bottom iconsSupport

Last Updated: 2010-12-20 14:23:24
  1. Anthony2816

Anthony2816 Well-Known Member

How do you change the four icons at the bottom of the screen (by default, Phone, Contacts, Messaging, and Applications).

I seem to recall only the middle two can be changed, but I can't remember how to do it.

Advertisement
  2. Jacki1008

Jacki1008 Well-Known Member

Anthony, go into your applications. Then touch the cog symbol in the upper left corner. then you can drag whichever apps you want down to swap it out with those at the bottom. While you are in your applications, the lower right icon becomes a Home icon instead of the Applications icon. It changes back once you leave the application area.
    antone1880 and Anthony2816 like this.
  3. Ron MacRae

Ron MacRae New Member

Jacki,
    I've got a similar problem, I've lost messaging from the bottom row so I now only have 3 apps on the bottom row, phone, contacts & applications.

When I tried to follow your instruction, to put messaging back, the applications Icon became a home icon but I do not have a cog symbol, or anything else in the top left hand corner.:confused:

I'm using a Galaxy S with the latest firmware 2.2.

Ron.
  4. Womer

Womer Member

press you applications shortcut > look at the top when you slide your app drawer left/right, it will have the bubble numbers, and all the way to the left will be a gear icon, press it and move around your apps.

OR, just go into apps, press menu softkey, and "edit".
    gomagic14 likes this.