changing the default browserSupport

1. redmstng2000

redmstng2000 Member

I was having an issue with the default browser. If I was holding my phone vertical, then decided to turn it horizontal, my browser would refresh and clear everything I was looking at. -- so I downloaded the Dolphin browser, which i really like so far, and I set it as my default. but when i click the "web" button on the bottom of my screen, it takes a second before my browser opens and it still opens up the default one for just a second. --- is there a better way to default the dolphin browser, so I can open it directly from my web button and it not hesitate before opening?!

thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. ryandelman

ryandelman Well-Known Member

Go into Settings, then Applications, click All, scroll down to Web browser and click on it. Then click "Disable" at the top of the screen.

This will keep you from getting a dialogue box prompting you to choose between native web browser and Dolphin when using the internet, and will also make your phone choose Dolphin automatically when web pages are opened through other apps.

Hope this helps.

-Ryan
  3. redmstng2000

redmstng2000 Member

all I find is "force stop" or "clear data"
    - I don't see a disable!?? :(
  4. ryandelman

ryandelman Well-Known Member

Hmm, Disable should be in the top right-hand corner just across from Force Close....

Odd.

Anyone else care to chime in?
    redmstng2000 likes this.
  5. caryrae73

caryrae73 Well-Known Member

What about replacing the web icon with the Dolphin app icon?
    roidroid and redmstng2000 like this.
  6. wodin

wodin Well-Known Member

The icon on the bottom is a shortcut to the browser, not to the web. It points to the Android browser and will open that regardless of what browser is the default.

As caryrae said, you need to replace the icon with the one for Dolphin. It's a bit convoluted, but the instructions are on page 33 of the user manual.
    redmstng2000 likes this.
  7. caryrae73

caryrae73 Well-Known Member

That's for sure.
  8. redmstng2000

redmstng2000 Member

I found it! Thanks :))
  9. Blue1k

Blue1k Well-Known Member

roidroid likes this.
  10. roidroid

roidroid Active Member