• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Changing the "from" in gmail

In the web client I can change the from address...seems to always use my default address on the G1. This is very unacceptable. Cant seem to figure out how to change it, if its even possible.

I am really disappointed in the way the G1 handles email. I've been pulling my hair out for the past two days trying to figure out how to handle all my different email accounts. I'm just about ready to sell this thing and go back to my Treo.

Upvote 0
In the web client I can change the from address...seems to always use my default address on the G1. This is very unacceptable. Cant seem to figure out how to change it, if its even possible.

I am really disappointed in the way the G1 handles email. I've been pulling my hair out for the past two days trying to figure out how to handle all my different email accounts. I'm just about ready to sell this thing and go back to my Treo.
Im not sure if you have read the news, but Treo is going to be updating thier OS soon. I wish i could help you with the gmail issue, but i have to agree, it is quite aggravating in how it functions. I see alot of OTA updates in googles future.

Edit: Merged thread, no need to create two seperate threads for the same question.

Upvote 0
Umm, they are two completely different questions.

The first I wanted to change the GMail account I used for the whole phone. The other I'm asking how to change the "from" email account if you set up multiple accounts *within* your gmail account (Settings -> Accounts -> "Send mail as:" in the normal web client). There is no way to change the from on a per-email basis (which you can normally do in the web client), which, if you cant reply from the same account, completely defeats the purpose of the ability to check multiple accounts.

I am pretty up to date on Palm as I'm a Palm developer. They have been coming out with the next Palm OS version for years. The current palm OS version was released in like 2003. And it's not palm, it's Access thats coming out with the ALP, a linux based OS..

I guess i can just hope some developer better than I comes up with a good email client for Android so I don't have to use gmail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones