• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help changing the keyboard

once you enable them in menu>settings>language&keyboards all you need to do is open text message (or email) and long press in the text input box and you will get the 'input method' option. It is there that you can switch between them

On my HTC Desire I would get that option but with my HTC One all I get is

Paste
Full editor
Quick text

I am using Handcent

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
On the HTC One if you have more than one keyboard enabled there will be a keyboard chooser in the notifications any time you have a keyboard active.

Yes I have un-clicked (so un-highlited) the Thick Buttons one but still that's the 'default' one. No option

The other thing is with the HTC One - it should at least ask what input I need when Im in the SMS menu like with the HTC Desire :(

I guess it could either be a handcent or Thick buttons problem if this option works with the HTC One

But thanks anyway

Upvote 0
I can swap between the stock keyboard and Swiftkey (the two I currently have installed) using the notification switch. And I just installed Handcent temporarily to check that it works when using that app.

I have deleted my Thick Buttons and I now can use the Smart Keyboard Pro (not sure if its any better tbh) so I have a result albeit a bit drastic. On the HTC Desire, I would press on the screen and be asked what input I required

But many thanks anyway Hadron, much appreciated

AThere seems to be a lot of small teething trouble with this HTC One I'm afraid. No permanent LED, No sound controls that actually work, calendar needs re-setting to view month instead of day. Do you know if an upgrade tweek is immanent?

Still love it though

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones