Changing the sim card

1. Suljin

Suljin Member

So I have taken the battery off of my motorola droid, but now I can't figure out how to take the sim card out. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

The telco's SIM card (e.g. T-Mobile and At&t), or the data storage "MicroSD" card (e.g. SanDisk and Transcend)?

If you're talking SIM, there isn't one.

If you're talking MicroSD, just pull it out.
  3. Suljin

Suljin Member

yea whatever is next to the battery. Just pull it out? I cant get my fingers even around it lol maybe im missing something.
  4. Watashi

Watashi Well-Known Member

use your finger/thumbnail to dislodge it and then grab it when the edge is out in the battery area.
  5. Suljin

Suljin Member

Well I got it out, guess I just thought it was more fragile than I figured. So now I have my old phones card in there, but for some reason its not recognizing it? I go to the gallery and it wont show me the pics on my old phones card, and they were saved to the card, not my old phone.
  6. DR0ID

DR0ID Well-Known Member

why not just transfer all the data to the new card? if you dont want the one the droid came with ill take it off your hands :)
  7. Suljin

Suljin Member

haha no im taking my old card from old phone, and trying to put my music and photos onto my droid and then use my new one that came with the droid. However, I put the old card in the slot and it appears that the droid isn't reading it or accessing it or something. I find no pictures on my phone, or music. And all the options under settings and sd cards are greyed out.
  8. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

You did put it in the right direction didn't you? Just tried it with the card out of my Att Tilt, works like it should. What was your old phone? Maybe it formats the card to something other than fat?
  9. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

You may have to "mount" the new card, via the Droid's menu. Also, try installing a file explorer program to navigate your card.
  10. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

You won't be able to transfer very much besides pics because the DROID can only hold 256MB without a card. What you need to do is use a SD card reader OR your old phone and plug it into your computer then transfer it, then plug your DROID in and transfer it from the computer to there.
  11. Suljin

Suljin Member

no worries I ended up getting it after a few tries, no idea why it wouldn't read it initially. Yea im just putting my files on my cpu then putting the 16 card in and transfering them to that.