• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Changing the sim card

Well I got it out, guess I just thought it was more fragile than I figured. So now I have my old phones card in there, but for some reason its not recognizing it? I go to the gallery and it wont show me the pics on my old phones card, and they were saved to the card, not my old phone.

Upvote 0
haha no im taking my old card from old phone, and trying to put my music and photos onto my droid and then use my new one that came with the droid. However, I put the old card in the slot and it appears that the droid isn't reading it or accessing it or something. I find no pictures on my phone, or music. And all the options under settings and sd cards are greyed out.

Upvote 0
haha no im taking my old card from old phone, and trying to put my music and photos onto my droid and then use my new one that came with the droid. However, I put the old card in the slot and it appears that the droid isn't reading it or accessing it or something. I find no pictures on my phone, or music. And all the options under settings and sd cards are greyed out.

You did put it in the right direction didn't you? Just tried it with the card out of my Att Tilt, works like it should. What was your old phone? Maybe it formats the card to something other than fat?

Upvote 0
Well I got it out, guess I just thought it was more fragile than I figured. So now I have my old phones card in there, but for some reason its not recognizing it? I go to the gallery and it wont show me the pics on my old phones card, and they were saved to the card, not my old phone.

You may have to "mount" the new card, via the Droid's menu. Also, try installing a file explorer program to navigate your card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones