Changing the "Sprint Greeting"?Support

Last Updated:

1. xtremevette

xtremevette Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to change the "Sprint Greeting" on my lock screen? I want to put my name in there instead of the normal "Sprint". I read that you can't, then read you can if you root the phone? I also right now have horrible battery life. I get about 5-6 hours on a full charge and all I do is mostly text and a few calls during the day...that is it. Iam a noob so don't know how to root the phone if I need to do that?

opps called out for being a noob....think I posted this in the wrong section lol

Advertisement
  2. junkdna

junkdna Member

Don't know about the Sprint greeting, too small of an issue for me to care I guess.

Advanced Task Killer is great - there is also a widget that will kill all of your apps. If you open up the app, and "click and hold" on any app, you can Add an Exclusion the ~6 important apps that shouldn't be killed, Android Live Wallpapers, HTC Checkin Serv ice, and Advanced Task Manager itself (although you can let it kill itself, that is fine too unless you use the Auto-Kill feature).

Even when I don't use the Advanced Task Killer, and with Live wallpapers, my battery life is fine.

The only things that I have found to really destroy my battery are (1) playing games and (2) installing crappy apps that do shit in the background (I have yet to find a crappy app that I don't want to disable, so if you are picky and want a million apps running that's your problem). If you open up Advanced Task Killer you can see all of the open apps (and even though Android claims its memory mgmt is okay), you should kill unimportant ones anyway. Any apps that need to be running in the background will startup automatically again after that.

You should really just kill all of the unnecessary apps at Startup, since almost everything is open at startup. That's what I do, I don't kill apps except for (1) Startup and (2) Before I play Asphalt 5, since its so resource intensive

3. dcoaster

dcoaster Well-Known Member

Use CDMA Workshop. You don't need to root.

4. m6284505

m6284505 Well-Known Member