• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Changing the statusbar color

:eek:

I am petting my Droid and telling her to hold on just a little longer. . . .

Since you are running 2.1, I am going to assume you already have the recovery from sholes.info on your phone is well. If that is the case, I really wouldn't worry too much. I've already done far worse with my phone than just loading a framework-res folder on there that is missing half the folders. My phone still works. ;)

In case anyone else is curious why this is happening, it is because the framework-res from 2.1 has several folders which the 2.0 and 2.0.1 versions do not have.

Version 2.0.1

anim
color
drawable
drawable-hdpi
drawable-land-hdpi
layout
layout-port
raw
raw-es
xml
xml-en

Version 2.1

anim
color
drawable
drawable-hdpi
drawable-land-hdpi
drawable-nodpi
layout
layout-ja
layout-port
raw
raw-de
raw-en-GB
raw-es
raw-fr
raw-it
raw-ja
raw-ko
raw-ru
raw-zh-CN
raw-zh-TW
xml
xml-en

Upvote 0
I made it myself.

If you have an idea of what you want for a status bar and you feel comfortable screwing with your framework-res.apk, I can try to make you something and give you a quick how-to on putting it on the phone. I warn you now, though... I am not the best at photoshop. Changing colors and handling transparency I can do. Past that, not so sure.

Don't know if you saw my screen shots that I had in the other thread or not, but this is what I am using on my phone now... (The status bar icons were stripped from a theme pack, and I wouldn't use them without asking for permission from the creator.)

l_5e0444647044493da156f42144a4746e.jpg
l_f3e9503582b44d1aa3f3cfb3a18a355f.jpg

l_29a5989889324c8e8f23e63a32122e58.jpg

Thanks for the gimp tip been playing around with the images a little. Also I was wondering if you would be willing to share your status bar images?

CAP200912291353.jpg

CAP200912291354.jpg

CAP2009122913541.jpg

Upvote 0
Only some of the statusbar images are mine, and it looks like you've already gone after the same ones I did.

The notification icons are all from a theme pack called "Buuf". It is free to Download Here, and you can move them over to your folder individually from the framework-res that is included in the download, but I just wouldn't feel right posting work that isn't my own.

I hope that makes sense.

Upvote 0
Only some of the statusbar images are mine, and it looks like you've already gone after the same ones I did.

The notification icons are all from a theme pack called "Buuf". It is free to Download Here, and you can move them over to your folder individually from the framework-res that is included in the download, but I just wouldn't feel right posting work that isn't my own.

I hope that makes sense.

Make sense man I totally understand thanks allot

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones