Changing Theme Fonts

Last Updated:

1. DGalt

DGalt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm using a theme (Revolution Remix) that, for the most part, is pretty awesome. However, the font that the dev chose to use for the text inside apps like my New apps, Browser, Gmail, etc. is difficult to read. Everywhere else the fonts are fine (I think the issue is that the font is a bit too narrow and spaced too closely together).

I've tried going into system/fonts and removing them from there, but that didn't change anything. Even removing the entire "fonts" folder didn't change anything, which seems rather odd to me.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or can point me towards some type of help guide, so that I can figure out how to mess around with these things?

Advertisement
  2. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

I have an evolution font zip file - from my Droid 1 and I used to just install the zip and bam.

If you are in system files - you will want to replace the fonts with the font files you want and not just remove them (assuming you are replacing the right font files in the right directory)

I "think" I successfully replaced the font when I tested it out (with the zip file), but I don't remember exactly. Look for a font replacement zip file for Droid 1 - nandroid - and give it a whirl.

That's where my expertise ends - not sure how to create the zip to install.