• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Charge and run Time for ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T

daldude

Jul 7, 2013
How long should it take to fully charge the battery on theASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T from the battery discharging so low that the tablet automatically powers down (Battery at %1) and after a full charge how long should it run if the display is at about %75 to %80 brightness with super IPS Off GPS on WIFI On Blue Tooth On and The Asus Day Scene Live Wall Paper running? I just bought a ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T on E-bay and it seems to fully charge the battery to quickely as if it's capacity has gotten low and it only lasts about 5 hours of constantly being on watching videos on Youtube and playing HD video files from the micro SD Memory card surfing the Internet with the stock browser. I had a cheap Chinese Tablet at one time (X10 Airpad XL) and the first one had a bad battery in it and only took 1 hour to fully charge and only lasted less then an hour after a full charge so I was sent a replacement and it took 8 to 9 hours or over night to charge and then would last 8 to 14 hours depending on how I used it. It was only 1024x600 and did not have a very bright screen so it was a lot less of a power hog then a Tablet with a HD Super IPS Screen but still my ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T should last longer then 5 hours of constant screen on use and should take longer then 4 hours to fully charge from a almost fully discharged battery. :(

With the dock, your battery capacity is about doubled tho.

W/O the dock, I'd say 5 hours is pretty close to average.

Running your device dead very often will shorten the battery life.

What exactly is considered running the battery till dead? I thought as long as the tablet auto shuts down when the battery gets to a cretin charger level that was not bad for the battery.
To me run till dead means finding a way to cause the tablet to abruptly cut off due to a totally discharged battery.

How long should the battery take to fully charge after less the %15 charge left?

Upvote 0
I'd avoid anything less than 15%.

My devices rarely go below 50%, unless I'm testing. You do want to run it completely dead occasionally so the device can calibrate it's current capacity (as your battery gets older).

It takes a long time to charge both batteries, off the top of my head, 5 hours or more. (I still don't know if you have the dock.) I find I need to use the stock charger to charge mine. Last night I had a similar charger with the dock at 47% and the tablet close to 80% and in the morning the tablet was 100% and the dock was 3%.

I've only had mine for about a month and usually charge it overnight.

Upvote 0
I don't have the dock I only have the tablet, can't afford the dock yet.:(

If the non Asus charger is 15 volts 1.2 amps then why would it not lwork just as well as the official Asus charger? As far as I know Asus does not make a car charger plus the Asus Brand of charger is a lot more expensive even on discount sites on the internet.
If I did not let my tablet get below 50% I would be charging it every hour of watching videos and other tasks that don't keep the processor idle.
I don't know how long it has been used or how it was used before I bought it on E-bay.

I'd avoid anything less than 15%.

My devices rarely go below 50%, unless I'm testing. You do want to run it completely dead occasionally so the device can calibrate it's current capacity (as your battery gets older).

It takes a long time to charge both batteries, off the top of my head, 5 hours or more. (I still don't know if you have the dock.) I find I need to use the stock charger to charge mine. Last night I had a similar charger with the dock at 47% and the tablet close to 80% and in the morning the tablet was 100% and the dock was 3%.

I've only had mine for about a month and usually charge it overnight.

Upvote 0
I just got the Keyboard Dock on eBay refurbished for 80 bucks and the dock completely discharged and it is now running on the tablet battery. Why did it run the Dock battery completely run down first and not switch to the tablet battery once it got to 10% or something like that so it would not totally drain the dock battery that was I thought not good for a Lithium polymer battery.
If it completely runs down the dock battery before switching to the Tablet Battery what is the point of the Dock if you have to plug it back in if it gets to 15% to 10% or less? The battery in the dock has a shorter life then the Tablet Battery so it actually shortens the run time per charge if you are having to plug it back in every time the dock battery gets low.

Is it normal and safe to let the dock battery run down to 0 percent charge?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones