• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Charge Options Screen Doesn't Show Up Anymore?

Sometimes mine will just show the usb icon in the notification area and when I drop down it gives me the option to mount. Other times I get the who menu option. No clue if there's rhyme or reason to it. So it's doing the charge only automatically and giving me the option to mount the card if I want it. Fine by me. No need to select anything if I'm just charging.

Upvote 0
When the phone is connected by USB, the USB icon appears in the Notification Area. When you drag the Notification Area down, you are only presented with the option to mount or unmount. If the USB Debugging mode is also listed as being on, the Debugging option must be changed so USB debugging is off. Disconnect the phone and reconnect. You should now be presented with the USB Connection Options.

Upvote 0
I've noticed some odd behavior like this as well. Sometimes the menu pops up and sometimes it doesn't. The odd thing is that if I use the cable for my wife's Pre to charge my phone from the wall I get the menu? Why would a wall charger pop up an option to mount storage? I found this out after I bought a new set of chargers and cables and the cables were bad so I grabbed hers. Charges great but it is strange to get the option for mass storage when connected to a wall outlet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones