Charge = Reboot?

Last Updated:

1. cnjmorris

cnjmorris Active Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone have a problem where when you plug the phone into the original charger that came with the phone the phone reboots in a cycle over and over?

The second I plug mine in it reboots, droid big eye screen, and then it gets to the 'droid' text screen and then it reboots again.... and again...

I have 1 charge to sort this problem out. I've already backed up everything. I am going to reset it to factory later, but I'm guessing it isn't a software issue, seems like a hardware thing.

Advertisement
  2. cnjmorris

k, after further testing it only happens when attached to my pc... something about the usb connection.. cause it does just fine using the same cable plugged into the wall. Means I can charge but not data transfer... =(

3. ggp

ggp Well-Known Member

has it always done this? maybe try starting in safe mode and then plugging it in. if it doesn't happen, you have a glitchy app. if it still happens, try a master reset and try plugging it in before you put any apps back on. and if it STILL happens, call VZW for a replacement.

4. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem. I had mine plugged into an external USB hub. Turns out the hub itself needed to be "rebooted," which I did by unplugging the hub from the computer and unplugging the hub's external power, then plugging everything back in. After rebooting the computer everything seemed fine.

5. cnjmorris

How do I start in safe mode, sorry, see it mentioned a lot but don't see a how to.

6. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member

Is the phone low on battery when you plug in? When your phone is low on battery power the USB cable does not provide enough power for the phone to be on and charging at the same time. (Happens to older iPods all the time where they needed the juice to power the spinning hard drive inside). Best to charge from a wall till you've got like 15-20% charge.

This is why USB chargers tend to take a little longer to complete their charge as opposed to the lightening fast charge an AC outlet seems to give you.

7. cnjmorris

I was at about 80% charge. No reason for it to reboot as far as I can tell.