Charge Time?

Last Updated:

1. Wise Dr Funk

Wise Dr Funk Member This Topic's Starter

How long have you needed to charge your Droid? I've been doing most of mine fromt he cradle (attached to my computer but unmounted) and it's taken about 3 hours each time. Three hours! Anyone else having the same problem? Would it be a lot faster if I just plugged it in directly?

Advertisement
  2. HardCache

HardCache Well-Known Member

it may depend on what you have running while charging too. If you shut off the backlighting, bluetooth, wi-fi, and most refreshing it will most likely charge a little bit faster. I'm not really sure exactly how long mine takes to charge though because I haven't really timed it.

3. Wise Dr Funk

Wise Dr Funk Member This Topic's Starter

Thats good advice. I've been making sure the screen was off and that as little was running as possible. I'm going to experiment with wall charging vs charging of my laptop.

4. fordfox

fordfox New Member

There should be a huge difference between wall and computer charging the phone. USB puts out very little power, at least in comparison to what is rated to go through the wall charger.

Don't forget about GPS too.

5. cflow

cflow Member

with a wall charger, i go from 0% to full in an hour or less. charging through usb is painfully slow though.