1. Good things coming in just a couple hours, stay tuned!
    Dismiss Notice

Charger cable defective- any other ways of charging?Support

Last Updated:

1. esploded

esploded Member

My charger cable won't charge my phone (LG optimus V), and it's only at 30%, I need it tomorrow!! Are there any other means of charging my phone?

Advertisement
  2. musick

musick Well-Known Member

Try disconnecting the wall plug and charge via USB.

Unless you really messed up your cable, it should be solid. Perhaps you somehow fried the wall plug.
  3. esploded

esploded Member

I did, I've tried two different wall plugs, and I did try charging to my computer as well.
  4. DaManWitDaPlan

DaManWitDaPlan Well-Known Member

Just use another cable. The Optimus V uses a standard USB Micro cable, tons of things use it. I know my external hard drive has one. Some cameras use it. Look around the house.
  5. musick

musick Well-Known Member

Yeah, this.

It sounds like the cable may be the problem. Another micro USB cable should do it.
  6. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar

get another cable and plug it into your PC and it will charge off your PC as long as the PC is on.
  7. lizm

lizm Well-Known Member

...and may I say, thank goodness. LG got this exactly right.

I can't tell you how many stupid chargers are in this house that only charge one device. Micro USB should really be standard on everything. At least now my family has two phones that use it.
  8. mizzoumanx

mizzoumanx Member

You probably have a cable already sitting around. I've used my Kindle charger, a powered USB hub w/the cable from an external 2.5" HDD...and probably have a couple others if I look. A lot of devices use them.