charger connector, warranty poor cust service

Last Updated:

1. andrewpickup

andrewpickup Active Member This Topic's Starter

so my desire is 6 months old,

it stopped charging, seemed like it was the charger connector, no problem they say, its covered under warranty, so i sent it off, then they email me, 53 quid please, you broke it, well i didnt, im CAREFUL BUT WHAT CAN YOU DO.
    3 weeks pass, where is it? several calls result in various responses.
    after 4 weeks, it comes back, still not working, turns out its the charger. how did they not eliminate that? perhaps i should have noticed but i put my faith in their support and they took fifty quid fot the pleasure. poor

Advertisement
  2. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

It depends really. Did you actually ask them to diagnose the problem or did you simply say replace the connector? If the latter then you have nothing to gripe about. Personally I would have tried another charger before doing anything else.

As an aside, my experience of HTC Customer Services was excellent. I got my phone back in a fortnight and they were very responsive when the f'kwit of a courier left it with someone up the street without telling me.

3. andrewpickup

andrewpickup Active Member This Topic's Starter

i told them it wasnt charging, and put my faith in the warranty. only had the one charger

4. BarnumC

BarnumC Well-Known Member

Did you at least try the cable to charge from the PC.. I know its easy in hindsight, but thats what this forum is all about, gaining experience from our own, and others mistakes.
    Be assured that what goes round, comes around, and you will get you money back in help or advice one way or another