Charger getting warm....Support

Last Updated:

1. pwrshft99

pwrshft99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just sitting here browsing and can feel this heat commin from the left side. It's comming from the base of the charger. The cable is also warm about a 1/4 way up. I'm sure charging and using it comsumes a bit of power.

The battery is probably only 25% charged and I'm quite certain in stops charging once full. Maybe its normal but seems excessive to me.

Advertisement
  2. renesis22

renesis22 Well-Known Member

Are you using it while it's charging? My phone gets a bit warm along with the charger if I do that. Otherwise, mine doesn't really heat up (charger or phone). Although I DO turn the phone off every night to charge to 100%.

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

And don't worry, if it gets too bad the fuse in the charger will blow (it will stop charging and if you shake it there will be a rattling noise)

4. Shamrock13

Shamrock13 Well-Known Member

Funny thing is, how are we supposed to use the GPS and stream like it's intended for if it's going to melt the phone whilst it's charging? Even when you just use the GPS with it charging, the phone feels like it's going to melt and explode. That's one thing that's been annoying the hell out of me. How am I supposed to use this? If I find someone to trade me this phone for their X when it gets released, I'll gladly trade.

5. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

Nothing is going to happen if you use the phone while it is being charged. So it gets a little warm, big deal.

6. Shamrock13

Shamrock13 Well-Known Member

That's funny. The phone restarted on my three times due to it overheating whilst being in use charging.

7. pwrshft99

pwrshft99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was using while charging however when its plugged into my cheap amazon.com car adapter, I can use gps and stream Pandora and the charger nor the cord get this warm.

I also sometimes will charge my phone with my directtv box and have no issues doing that either....

8. renesis22

renesis22 Well-Known Member

Woah, that never happened to me. But then again if I feel the phone is getting a bit warm I just lay off it for a while.

I've experienced hot electronics and the Incredible doesn't quite measure up to those times, luckily! ie. Toshiba Tablet PC... Literally got hot enough for the warmth to go through my jeans and cause me to perspire! :eek:

9. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if your device reboots from overheating when it is charging, it is defective. That's not something that should ever be happening. I would consider getting it replaced.