• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help charger locks screen that ok to use?

geojr

Jun 24, 2010
I ordered a combo kit from amazon, very cheap. I know some chargers lock up the screen, but this one had a review from someone with an Inc. saying it was fine. Anyway, wall charger locks screen, but shows it is charging, led lights up. Car charger works fine, no screen locking up.

So... am I doing any damage to my phone using wall one? Was thinking I would just use overnight when phone is off. Anyone else using one that locks phone?

I can always just toos wall one, and keep the car one, still great deal for the $4 is spent.

Thanx for any info.
geo

I would be hesitant to use any charger that caused the phone to not work correctly. I can't say for sure whether or not it's doing damage to the phone, but I think this would be one of those times where it would be better to be safe than sorry.

Yep was thinking the same thing, just figured I would ask if anyone is using one like this before tossing the dumb thing.

Thanx for the reply
geo

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones